|Anonymous||Orion's Arm Writer's Contest||2012-02-02 13:22:55|
|Anonymous||Writers to your marks... set... go!
Our second short fiction contest for stories set in the Orionís Arm universe is open as of July 20th, 2011, and is scheduled to close July 20th, 2012. We will be accepting entries in both the short story (under 7,500 words) and novelette (7,500 to 17,500 words) categories. To enter the contest stories must be submitted in full and pass a qualifying vote by the OAUPís Tier II membership. Qualifying stories will be ranked by the full OA membership based on excerpts chosen by the author, and the highest-ranking stories will see publication in the second OA book. Authors will see a direct share in the revenue from sales of both the electronic and hard copy versions.
We have created a resource page for authors who wish to enter this contest. Please send any additional inquiries to the OA board of directors via our contact page.
The 2011/2012 Cover Art Contest
Each of the winners will receive a royalties contract to correspond with their publication in the second annual Orionís Arm Universe Project book. Under this contract half of the revenue from sales will go to the OAUP, and the remainder will be divided among the authors.
1) Contestants must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
2) The competition is open to manuscripts not greater than 17,500 words in length. Entries outside the word limitation will be disregarded. Type the word count on the first page of your entry along with your name, address, phone number and email address.
3) Entries must be in English, original, unpublished, and not submitted or accepted elsewhere at time of submission.
4) Entries must be set within the Orion's Arm universe. They must fully meet OA canon and match the contents of the Encyclopedia Galactica at the time of the final vote, though of course an author can include new ideas, worlds, or characters that do not contradict the existing material.
5) All entries are to be submitted via email sent to a representative of the OA Board as an MS Word document attachment with "Novella Contest Entry" as the subject line. Contact the OA Board via our contact page for details when you are ready. You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your submission. You will also be required to sign a copy of the Authors Contract and send it to the OAUPís secretary.
6) All entries must be received by midnight, UTC, of the contestís closing date.
7) All entries will be subject to a qualifying vote by the OAUPís Tier II members (excepting the author of the piece, if the author is also a Tier II member) based on a viewing of the work in its entirety. Stories receiving a positive vote from more than 50% of Tier II members qualify for rating by the general OAUP membership.
8) Entries that pass the qualifying round may be included in our next OA book by a popular vote of the OAUP membership. The authors will each select an excerpt of their story, not to exceed 1,000 words, for presentation to the general membership. Stories will be ranked from highest to lowest rated by the members and will be and selected for publication based on this ranking. The story that takes the total length of the publication over 120,000 words will close the contest, although of course the remaining stories may qualify for entry in future OAUP publications.
Simple Suggestions to Improve Your Odds
Write. Successful entries will have original ideas, strong characterization, fidelity to the OA canon, and appeal to the sense of wonder. Stories must be clear and understandable.
Share. Post your developing story as it progresses at the Nexus for reviews and critiques by your peers. This really is a phenomenal tool that will allow those who use it to progress leaps and bounds beyond those that do not. Maybe that great text you have written works for you, but nobody else understands it. Maybe the science is faulty or you have misused features of the project. This is the place to work out those bugs.
Know your audience. Do your research and ask questions in the discussion groups. Donít let yourself to be disqualified simply because your story is outside Canon. This is another reason to follow the "share" suggestion. If youíre new to the Orionís Arm scenario we suggest starting with our introductory material found at the Welcome page in order to get up to speed. ||2012-02-02 13:23:15|
|Anonymous||The Above is from me: Michele Dutcher (Bottomdweller) firstname.lastname@example.org||2012-02-02 13:24:33|
|oladstonesall||When to start wedding dress shopping||2013-04-09 20:20:20|
|oladstonesall||When to start wedding dress shopping||2013-04-09 20:20:21|
|oladstonesall||Help me choose my dress!!||2013-04-11 04:00:47|
|oladstonesall||Help me choose my dress!!||2013-04-11 04:00:47|
|oladstonesall||Am I the only one who doesn't want a White Dress?||2013-04-11 17:57:45|
|oladstonesall||Am I the only one who doesn't want a White Dress?||2013-04-11 17:57:46|
|Anonymous||According to the guidelines you're only allowed to enter one submission per catagory, but it doesn't say anything about multiple submissions if they're in different catagories. Your best bey would be to e-mail the EIC (editor-in-chief) Spring Lea Henry at: email@example.com and ask her because she would be the best person to answer your question. And if Get Assignment Help Online & you're wondering where I got the e-mail address it's at the bottom of the page on the submission guidelines. Just draft her a friendly letter and ask her if you can submit to multiple catagories. The way it's written it sounds like you can, but this way you know for sure before you do it. Good luck either way.||2017-05-23 04:25:39|
|Anonymous||Be careful of writing contests. There are a lot of them that are really scams. They take your money for an entry fee and then you find out you're not selected. That does sound legit until you finally find out that no one really was. At 19,000 words your story is a novelette. Custom Cheap Essay Online & You're also a minor and can't get into a binding contract without a parent or guardian involved. ||2017-05-24 07:29:41|
|Anonymous||Payday advances have been around as far back as there were individuals with cash to advance and individuals who needed to get cash.
Payday Loans||2017-05-26 23:10:44|
|Anonymous||I began an essayist's gathering a year back with the attention on having individuals investigate others' work, construct a group of journalists, and to utilize composing exercises to help get through an inability to write or weariness. Essay Editing Service. Up until this point, individuals reveal to me they truly acknowledge how the gatherings help them with their written work.||2017-05-29 22:03:36|
|Anonymous||Be cautious of composing challenges. There are a great deal of them that are truly tricks. They take your cash for a section expense and after that you discover you're not chosen. That sounds genuine until you at last discover that nobody truly was. At 19,000 words your story is a novelette. Custom EssayChamp
Online and You're additionally a minor and can't get into a coupling contract without a parent or gatekeeper included||2017-06-08 00:11:06|
|Anonymous||As you definitely know, The Writer supports the greater part of our perusers to rehearse their specialty and put their stories before the eyes of whatever number individuals as would be prudent Assignment writers Challenges have dependably been a fundamental piece of the written work world, allowing scholars to have their work audited by editors and perhaps distributed. Scholarly diaries, colleges and even The Writer routinely have challenges, helping writers pick up presentation and sharpen their art.||2017-06-08 01:34:56|
|Anonymous||Essayist's Digest's most established and most prevalent rivalry, the Annual Writing Competition, is as of now tolerating sections. Cheap assignment help Champs will be reported in our December 2017 issue.||2017-06-15 09:20:07|
|Anonymous||Great Information,it has lot for stuff which is informative.I will share the post with my friends.
Website Design Pakistan